英语流行口语:19.Correction纠正
19 Correction No,its all wrong.
不,全错了.
A:Thank you,doctor.Ill follow your adivce to the letter.
A:谢谢,大夫.我将严格按您的建议去做.
As for the mecicine,two tablets each time,two times a day,right?
这种药,一天两次,一次两片,对吧?
B:No,its all wrong.Three times a day,one tablet each time.
B:不,全错了,一天三次,一次一片.
A:Thanks for correction.Goodbye!B:Bye!
A:谢谢您及时更正,再见.B:再见!
Youre all wet,actually.
哦,你搞错了.
A:I made a reservation two days ago.My name is David.
A:我前天在这儿预订了房间,我叫戴维.
B:Reservation?What do you mean?
B:预订?这是什么意思?
A:I booked a single room here for tonight.
A:我订了一间今晚的单人房.
B:Oh!Youre all wet,actually.
B:哦,你搞错了.
This is not a hotel.The hotel is the building across the road.
这不是旅馆,旅馆是路对过的那座楼.
That isnt exactally right.
不全是.
A:Do you mean this drug will cheer up my troubles,Dr Brown?
A:布朗医生,你是说这种药会消除我的病痛吗?
B:Mm,that isnt exactly right.
B:不全是.
A:What do mean by saying that?
A:那你是那样说是什么意思?
B:I mean this medicine will relieve your pain.
B:我是说这种药能缓解你的疼痛.
That isnt so.
不是这样的.
A:Why didnt Henry tum up at the meeting.
A:为什么Henry没有出席会议呢?
B:He must have got tied up at the office.
B:他一定是被办公室的事给缠住了.
A:No,that isnt so.I met him in the lift just now.
A:不是这样的.我刚才还在电梯里见到他了呢.
That isnt quite correct.
不十分正确.
A:Do you know Tom?
A:你认识汤姆吗?
B:Yes,hes a man of medium-height.He wears glasses and has a moustache.
B:认识.他中等身材,戴着眼镜,留着胡子.
A:But that isnt quite correct.I think hes a tall man.
A:但不十分正确,我认为他是个高个子.
As a matter of fact he didnt pass the exam.
但事实上,他这次却没能及格.
A:Whats the result of exam?Im sure John has got the highest mark,
A:考试结果怎么样?我相信约翰一定得最高分,
because hes been studying hand this term.
因为他这学期一直学习很刻苦.
B:But as a matter of fact he didnt pass the exam this time
但事实上,他这次却没能及格.
A:Really?Its really out of my expectation.
A:真的吗?这可太出乎意料了.
B:I think so,too.
B:我也是这样想.
As far as I know,
据我所知,
A:Bob,you should learn from your brother.Hes found a part job already
A:鲍伯,你该向你哥哥学一学,你已经找了一份兼职工作.
B:But,Mum.As far as I know he doesnt work for supporting himself.Actually,
B:但是,妈妈,据我所知,他工作并不是为了自立.实际上,
he lost a large sum of money in gambling.Hes working to pay off his debts
他在赌场输了好多钱,这次工作只是为了还债而已.
A:Why not tell me earlier?
A:你怎么不早告诉无呢?
B:Because he said he would give me a good beating if I told you.
B:因为他说如果我告诉你他就要揍我一顿.
No,youre not correct in saying this.
不,你这么说就不对了.
A:Im sorry to have interrupted you,What did you say just now?
A:对不起,打扰了,你刚才说了?
B:I said that no one has the right to impose his views on others.
B:我说任何人都无权把自己的意见强加于人.
A:No,youre not quite correct in saying this.Sometimes you have to
A:不,你这么说不对了.有时你只能那么做
Im not sure youre correct about that
我不能肯定关于......你是对的.
A:Jmmy!Have you heard that Tom had been fired?He really deserved that
A:吉米,你听没听说汤姆已经被解雇了?真是活该!
B:But Im not sure youre correct about that.
B:但我不能肯定你说的是对的,
I heard hes been transfered to another company as a marketing manager.
我听说他被转到别的公司做销售经理.
A:Is it true?Unfair!
A:真的?太不公平了!
Im afraid...... is not quite right.
恐怕......不太正确.
A:Im told your boss is very hot-tempered.
A:听人说你们的老板脾气很暴躁.
B:Im afraid what you were told about him is not quite right.
A:听人说你们的老板脾气很暴躁.B:恐怕这个传闻不太正确.
If you could meet him in person,youll know hes very agreeable and capable
.要是你能亲自见见我们老板.你就会知道这个人不仅平易近人,而且很有能力
A:Really?I hope to meet him soon.
A:是吗?我希望能早点见他一面.
Well,the fact is......
喔,事实上是...
A:Why are you so depressed?
A:为什么垂头丧气的样子?
B:Because I cannot find my camera.Maybe Ive lost it.
B:我找一到照相机了,也许我把它弄丢了.
A:Well,the fact is that you didnt lose it at all.
A:事实上你并没有把它弄丢
You put it in my bag last night.Remember?B:Oh,yes!
你昨晚把它放在我的书包里了,想起来吗?B:哦,没错!
I think you might be mistaken
我想你大概搞错了
A:Look!How expensive the shoes are!
A:呀,这鞋可真够贵的!
B:I think you might be mistaken.A:Why?
B:我想你大概搞错了.A:怎么?
B:Because the price tag is for the shoes above.
B:因为这个价签是上面那双鞋的
But I am under the impression that...
我对......的印象是:
A:He must have quarreled with his wife very often.
A:我猜想他一定经常和他的妻子吵架.
B:Why?How can you draw such a conclusion?
B:为什么?你怎么能下这样的断言呢?
A:Because hes very easilly agitated in our company.
A:因为他在我们公司里常爱发脾气.
B:Hes a neighbor of mine.
B:他是我的邻居,
Im under impression that he and his wife live a very happy life
我对他们夫妇的印象是:他们的生活很和睦.
If I may say so,it is actually not the case.
实际上并非如此.
A:What shall I do?I think Ive got enteritis,so painful!
A:怎么办呀?我想我是得肠炎了,太疼了!
B:If I may say so,its actually not the case.
B:实际上并非如此,
Its nothing but a slight infection.
这只不过是轻微的感染.
A:Yes?Thank you for telling me this.
A:真的?谢谢你告诉我这事.
B:Dont worry.Ill have to give you a shot.
B:别担心,无得给打一针.
Im sorry,but I really should point out......is not correct.
但我的确应该指出......是不正确的.
A:Have you got any Chinese antiques?
A:你们有中国的古董吗?
B:Yes,How about this one?
B:有,这件怎么样?
A:It doesnt strike my fancy.Whats more,it doesnt seems to be genuine
A:不太中意,而且这件看起来好像不是真货.
B:Oh,Im sorry,but I really should point out your estimation is not correct
B:哦,对不起,但我的确应该指出你的估计是不正确的,
Our wares are always dependable.
我们的货一向是很可靠的
If I may correct you...
如果可以纠正的话,......
A:Look!There are a lot of birds here.
A:看!这儿有这么多鸟.
They chirp merrily as if they were playing a birds chirping a symphony
他们在欢快地叫着,好像在演奏鸟鸣交响曲.
B:Whats this and whats that.
B:这是什么鸟?那是什么鸟?
A:This is a magpie and thats a nightingale.
A:这是只喜鹊,那是一只夜莺.
B:Sorry for interrupting.If I may correct you,
B:对不起,打断一下,如果可以纠正您的话,
that is not nightingale,but a golden orioles catually.
我说那不夜莺,而是一只芙蓉鸟.
Well,to my knowledge,
就我所知,......
A:Tom,whats your idea about theh lecture?
A:汤姆,谈谈你对这个报告的看法.
B:My view of the matter is that you are not convicing in ......
B:我认为你的报告在......方面并不令人信服.
A:Tom,to my knowledge,you slept rather well when the lecture was on.
A:汤姆,你凭什么这样说?就我所知,在报告期间,你一直在睡大觉
B:Oh,sorry,Mr Green.I didnt think you had noticed that
B:噢,格林老师,对不起,我原以为你没发现的.
最新入站
最新出站
- 上一篇: 张东个人资料简介
- 下一篇: 周至县终南镇豆二村永利幼儿园介绍

